Saturday, May 1, 2010

BBC Hard Talk: Dr.Mahathir, a dictator?







I've watched a talk show which recorded in year 2008. It's an interview of Dr.Mahathir interviewed by Stephen Sackur. It's been quite a long time, but um, still can find something funny and interesting from the interview, though.

Well, let's see this, words quoted from the interview:

(Mahathir Mohamad 1/3)

Stephen Sackur: But the point is 80 thousand Indians for example, were on the streets protesting long and loud last November because they are no longer prepared to live with the racial divison that you set in the stone.

Dr.Mahathir: Why now? Why not during my time? They could, they were quite free to demonstrate. Many of the people who disagreed with me demonstrated...

Stephen Sackur: Many of the people who disagreed with you, I'm afraid ended up in prison.

...

(Mahathir Mohamad 2/3)

Stephen Sackur: Interesting you say you don't trust people who are currently or maybe in charge of any inquiry, do you trust the integrity of the Malaysian judiciary?

Dr.Mahathir: I do, at times I do, but...

Stephen Sackur: Is that is that because you appointed the judges?

...

Dr.Mahathir: ... He (Abdullah Badawi) is making use of the system in the worse way...

Stephen Sackur: The more I listen to you talking about Prime Minister Abdullah, the more I wonder why did you choose him to be your successor?

...

(Mahathir Mohamad 3/3)

Dr.Mahathir: Well, I come here of course expecting to be um lambasted by you because that is the way you work.

Stephen Sackur: No, I'm not lambasting you at all...

...

Dr.Mahathir: I went through five elections and I won all the elections with a 2/3...

Stephen Sackur: Without a free press, locking up many of your opponents.

...

Haha, I think I like Stephen Sackur.

4 comments:

JuNe said...

hahahahahhahahahaha!!!!

too funny wei!!!

must drop by to support support.

E.T.雨灵 said...

Haha!! Thank you thank you!!

Anonymous said...

me too

E.T.雨灵 said...

Thank you too. :)